This one-story, side-gabled, Craftsman-style bungalow is three bays wide and double-pile with a full-width, gabled rear wing. The house has a brick veneer, wood shingles in the gables, shingles and a rectangular vent in a decorative front gable, six-over-six wood-sash windows, and an exterior brick chimney in the left (west) gable end. The four-light-over-two-panel Craftsman-style door is centered on the façade and sheltered by a near-full-width, shed-roofed porch supported by square columns on a brick knee wall. The porch has been enclosed with screens since at least 1974. A low stone wall extends across the front of the property. The house appears on the 1932 Sanborn map.
In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Contributing Building.
SOURCE: Heather Wagner Slane, National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Chapel Hill Historic District Boundary Increase and Additional Documentation, Orange County, OR1750 (Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office, 2015), courtesy of the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office.