c. 1920, pre-1974
Now used for commercial purposes, this two-story, hip-roofed house is three bays wide and single-pile with a projecting, two-story, hip-roofed wing on the right (west) end of the façade. The house has German-profile weatherboards, vinyl windows, paired on the façade, deep eaves, a wide fascia, and a pressed metal tile roof. The full-width, one-story, hip-roofed porch has dentil molding on the fascia and has been fully enclosed since at least 1974. Centered on the façade is a six-panel door with one-light-over-two-panel sidelights and a blind transom with starburst pattern. There is a paired window to its right and a sixteen-light bow window to its left (east). Above the entrance, on the second-floor façade, is an octagonal window. A two-story, shed-roofed wing extends nearly the full width of the rear (south) elevation and beyond it is a one-story, gabled ell at the left rear (southeast). According to Sanborn maps, the house was constructed between 1915 and 1925.
In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Noncontributing Building.
SOURCE: Heather Wagner Slane, National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Chapel Hill Historic District Boundary Increase and Additional Documentation, Orange County, OR1750 (Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office, 2015), courtesy of the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office.