This one-and-a-half-story, front-gabled house is three bays wide and triple-pile with plain weatherboards and sixteen-over-sixteen wood-sash windows, including a group of three windows in the front gable. It has two interior brick chimneys and two hip-roofed dormers each on the right (east) and left (west) elevations. Centered on the façade is a half-light door with four-light-over-one-panel sidelights and a ten-light transom. On the right end of the façade is another door with a three-light transom. A one-story, hip-roofed porch extends the full width of the façade and is supported by columns with a paneled spandrel and original railing. There is a one-story, gabled ell at the left rear (northwest) and a one-story, hip-roofed bay at the right rear (northeast). The house is set back from the street and there is a low stone wall along the sidewalk. County tax records date the building to 1910. The house appears on the 1915 Sanborn map, the earliest to record this part of Rosemary Street.
In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Contributing Building.
Front-gabled, frame garage with metal sheathing and an enclosed shed-roofed bay on the south elevation. In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Contributing Building.
Located northeast of the house, this one-story, side-gabled house is three bays wide and single-pile with weatherboards, six-over-six wood-sash windows, and an interior brick chimney. It has a projecting shed-roofed bay on the left side of the facade and an inset, shed-roofed porch on the right end of the façade that is supported by square columns and shelters a six-light-over-two-panel door. According to Sanborn maps, the house was constructed between 1915 and 1925. In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Contributing Building.
SOURCE: Heather Wagner Slane, National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Chapel Hill Historic District Boundary Increase and Additional Documentation, Orange County, OR1750 (Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office, 2015), courtesy of the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office.