c. 1920, 1980s
At the east end of the row of cottages and accessed by the same gravel walkway, this one-story, side-gabled house is five bays wide and single-pile with a decorative gable on the left (east) bay. The house has plain weatherboards, vinyl windows, exposed rafter tails, and an interior brick chimney. The five-panel door, centered on the façade, is sheltered by a shed-roofed porch on replacement grouped square posts with a built-in benches on each side of the porch. The house appears on the 1925 Sanborn map and was built by the University of North Carolina to house new faculty. The house as significantly altered between 1974 and 1992 with the installation of a window in place of an original door on the right (west) end of the façade, the removal of an interior brick chimney, and the construction of new porch posts.
In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Noncontributing Building..
SOURCE: Heather Wagner Slane, National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Chapel Hill Historic District Boundary Increase and Additional Documentation, Orange County, OR1750 (Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office, 2015), courtesy of the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office.