c. 1952, c. 1995
This two-story, asymmetrical side-gabled, Colonial Revival-style house is three bays wide and double-pile with narrow weatherboards, six-over-six wood-sash windows, and an interior brick chimney. Eight-over-eight windows on the first-floor façade have molded lintels and paneled wood aprons. The six-panel door has a leaded-glass transom and classical surround with fluted pilasters supporting a cornice. It is accessed by an uncovered brick stoop with a metal railing. A one-story, side-gabled porch on the right (west) elevation was enclosed with vinyl casement windows after 1992. A narrow, one-story, projecting entrance bay on the left (east) elevation is enclosed with screens. County tax records date the building to 1952.
In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Contributing Building.
SOURCE: Heather Wagner Slane, National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Chapel Hill Historic District Boundary Increase and Additional Documentation, Orange County, OR1750 (Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office, 2015), courtesy of the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office.