c. 1920, c. 2002
This two-story, hip-roofed Neoclassical-style house is three bays wide and triple-pile. Renovated about 2002, the house has fiber cement siding, aluminum-clad replacement windows, and a reconstructed portico. The six-panel door, centered on the façade is flanked by replacement five-light vinyl sidelights and has a five light transom. On each side of the entrance are paired fifteen-light French doors. The two-story, flat-roofed portico is supported by grouped, paneled square columns and has a railing at the roofline and a replacement concrete porch floor. There is a hip-roofed dormer centered on the façade with a nine-light window flanked by louvered vents. A one-story, hip-roofed ell projects from the right rear (northeast). A low stone wall extends along the sidewalk and the driveway at the right (east) side of the house. According to Sanborn maps, the house was constructed between 1915 and 1925. It had been significantly enlarged over the years, but a series of rear additions were removed since 2002 and the front portico was reconstructed about 2002, though the current design matches that seen in the 1974 and 1992 photographs.
In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Contributing Building.
SOURCE: Heather Wagner Slane, National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Chapel Hill Historic District Boundary Increase and Additional Documentation, Orange County, OR1750 (Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office, 2015), courtesy of the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office.