Constructed on a narrow lane that extends north of North Street, this one-story, side-gabled Ranch house is four bays wide with the right (west) bay under a slightly lower roofline. The house has asbestos siding, eight-over-eight wood-sash windows, and an interior brick chimney. The entrance bay is inset slightly and sheathed with German-profile weatherboards. It has a six-panel door with four-light-over-one-panel sidelights. There is a one-story, side-gabled wing on the left (east) elevation and an uncovered wood deck in front of that wing. The house sits on a slight rise and the there is a stone wall along the street and at the driveway on the right side of the building that leads to a basement-level garage on the right elevation. County tax records date the building to 1949 and it appears on the 1949 Sanborn map.
In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Contributing Building.
SOURCE: Heather Wagner Slane, National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Chapel Hill Historic District Boundary Increase and Additional Documentation, Orange County, OR1750 (Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office, 2015), courtesy of the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office.