Located at the east end of the block, where North Street dead ends, this one-story, front-gabled bungalow is two bays wide and triple-pile. It has plain weatherboards, six-over-six wood-sash windows, including a single window in the front gable, and an interior brick chimney. There is an eight-over-eight window on the right (east) end of the façade and a four-light-over-four-panel door on the left (west) end of the façade is sheltered by a front-gabled porch supported by grouped square posts with diagonal bracing between the posts and vertical wood sheathing and a louvered vent in the gable. There is a projecting, side-gabled wing on the left elevation and the site slopes to the rear to reveal a basement-level garage that is accessed from Cobb Terrace. County tax records date the house to 1940 and the house appears on the 1949 Sanborn map.
In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Contributing Building.
SOURCE: Heather Wagner Slane, National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Chapel Hill Historic District Boundary Increase and Additional Documentation, Orange County, OR1750 (Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office, 2015), courtesy of the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office.