MARGARET YORK WILSON HOUSE
This one-story, side-gabled, Period Cottage is three bays wide and double-pile with a full-width hip-roofed rear wing. The house has a brick veneer with brick soldier-course watertable, wood shingles in the side gables, six-over-one wood-sash windows, generally paired, with soldier-course lintels, an exterior brick chimney on the right (east) elevation, and an interior brick chimney near the rear. The four-light-over-two-panel door has a brick surround with blind arch over the door. It is located in a steeply pitched, front-gabled entrance bay. There is a projecting, one-story gabled bay on the right elevation and a partially-inset, gabled, screened porch on the left (west) elevation that is supported by full-height brick piers with screening over a beadboard-covered knee wall. There is a hip-roofed bay projecting from the right rear (northeast) and a shed-roofed, rear entry porch at the left rear (northwest) that has been enclosed with screens and lattice. The site slopes to the rear to reveal a basement-level entrance. County tax records date the house to 1924. The house appears on the 1932 Sanborn map.
In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Contributing Building.
SOURCE: Heather Wagner Slane, National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Chapel Hill Historic District Boundary Increase and Additional Documentation, Orange County, OR1750 (Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office, 2015), courtesy of the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office.