c. 1937, c. 1960
This two-story, side-gabled, Colonial Revival-style house is three bays wide and double-pile with a whitewashed brick exterior and gable end brick chimneys. It has six-over-six wood-sash windows and the six-panel door, centered on the façade, has a pedimented surround with fluted pilasters and is accessed by an uncovered brick stoop with decorative metal railing. A c. 1960 one-story, flat-roofed wing on the left (west) elevation has plain weatherboards, a twelve-light metal picture window, and a metal railing at the roofline, encircling a roof deck. A twelve-light-over-one-panel door on the right (east) elevation leads to a small balcony that shelters a basement-level nine-light-over-two-panel door and window. A one-story-with-basement, shed-roofed wing extends the full width of the rear (north) elevation and there are weatherboards at the second-floor level of the rear elevation and an uncovered wood deck at the rear. County tax records date the house to 1937. The house appears on the 1949 Sanborn map.
In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Contributing Building.
SOURCE: Heather Wagner Slane, National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Chapel Hill Historic District Boundary Increase and Additional Documentation, Orange County, OR1750 (Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office, 2015), courtesy of the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office.