This two-story, front-gabled, Colonial Revival-style house is two bays wide with flanking one-story, side-gabled wings. The house has plain weatherboards, nine-over-nine wood-sash windows, and six-over-six windows at the second-floor level and shed-roofed wall dormers on the right (west) and left (east) elevations of the front-gabled section. The six-panel door, on the left end of the façade of the main block, has a five-light fanlight and is sheltered by a front-gabled porch with arched ceiling supported by slender columns. The right wing is one-bay wide with a shed-dormer at the rear. A one-bay-wide, side-gabled wing projects from its right elevation, set back from the façade, and there is a below-grade brick garage attached at the right rear (southwest) with a patio above. A two-bay-wide, side-gabled wing at the left elevation has an exterior brick chimney in the gable and a later, side-gabled wing at its rear (south) that projects beyond the left elevation. County tax records date the house to 1940 and the house appears on the 1949 Sanborn map.
In the 2015 survey, this was deemed a Contributing Building.
SOURCE: Heather Wagner Slane, National Register of Historic Places Nomination: Chapel Hill Historic District Boundary Increase and Additional Documentation, Orange County, OR1750 (Raleigh, NC: North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office, 2015), courtesy of the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office.