Moses Ingram House
404 Cotton Street
The small bungalow is typical of the middle-class, owner-occupied residences of the Northside neighborhood in its heyday from the 1920s to the 1960s. The side-gabled house has decorative eave brackets, exposed rafter tails, original decorative Craftsman sash windows, a side bay window, and a gabled porch with brick and wooden posts. The 1957 City Directory shows the occupant as Moses Ingram, cook, University Cafeteria.
SOURCE: M. Ruth Little, The Town and Gown Architecture of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1795-1975 (Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 2006), 221.