307 Pritchard Avenue
The five houses that make up the western side of the 300 block of Pritchard Avenue, in the white section of Northside east of Church Street, are the most intact group of 1920s houses in the neighborhood. 307 Pritchard Avenue is a quintessential large side-gabled bungalow with wide bracketed eaves, an engaged front porch, and a large gabled front dormer window that provides bedroom space in the attic. Harold Harris, an instructor at North Carolina Memorial Hospital, was the owner-occupant in 1957.
Sources: Gatza, Survey file; 1957 City Directory.
SOURCE: M. Ruth Little, The Town and Gown Architecture of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1795-1975 (Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 2006), 214-15.