311 Pritchard Avenue
The five houses that make up the western side of the 300 block of Pritchard Avenue, in the white section of Northside east of Church Street, are the most intact group of 1920s houses in the neighborhood. All of the houses are in place on the 1932 Sanborn map of Chapel Hill. The house at 311 Pritchard Avenue, another substantial bungalow, has a front-gabled facade with wide bracketed eaves and a large hip-roofed porch with brick and wood porch posts. James R. Durham, a mechanic at Crowell-Little Motor Company, was the owner-occupant in 1957.
Sources: Gatza, Survey file; 1957 City Directory.
SOURCE: M. Ruth Little, The Town and Gown Architecture of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1795-1975 (Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 2006), 214-15.