Clyde Williams House
309 McDade Street
This stylish brick bungalow, basically unaltered, has characteristic wide eaves with brackets and exposed rafter tails, original six-over-six wooden sash windows, a large dormer window, and a porch with a decorative brick railing. The porch extends to cover an original porte cochere. In 1957, the bungalow’s resident was Clyde B. Williams, a waiter at the university’s DKE Fraternity House.
Source: 1957 City Directory.
SOURCE: M. Ruth Little, M. Ruth Little, The Town and Gown Architecture of Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1795-1975 (Chapel Hill: UNC Press, 2006), 220.